Fifty-six percent of consumers, aged 18-34 years, expect to have same day delivery, according to Invesp, a marketing consulting firm. In the survey, “Same Day Delivery Statistics and Trends,” the company analyzed responses from retailers. Interesting information gleaned from the survey include:
- 49% of shoppers say that same-day delivery makes them more likely to shop online.
- 80% of shoppers want same-day delivery, while 61% want orders delivered within 1-3 hours.
- 25% of shoppers would abandon a cart online if same-day shipping wasn’t available.
- Top two reasons for using same day delivery: 50% needed order immediately; 29% because delivery was free.
- 51% of retailers offer same-day delivery and 65% plan to offer it within 2 years.
As you can see, consumers expectations are high – they want to be able to choose how and when to get their orders quickly and conveniently. Businesses are tasked with delivering these orders to a broad geography, from rural areas to high-density cities, for a price that won’t break the bank. So how do they do this? Is it a magic trick or just wishful thinking?
DeliveryCircle has mastered the magic with a technology solution that matches demand with their network of well screened drivers and vehicles for same-day delivery. DeliveryCircle’s app provides one-click scheduling with instant driver commitment based on selected ranking criteria. Users can track shipments and will be alerted when customers have received their orders.
DeliveryCircle provides a variety of delivery types, including on demand for critical orders that need to arrive within hours or the same day, such as when buying furniture and customers want it the same day. DeliveryCircle facilitates the delivery from the store to consumer’s home.
DeliveryCircle also offers sweep-based services for daily or more frequent point to multi-point deliveries, such as from one warehouse to another and then on to end customers, or from a single store to multiple end customers.
DeliveryCircle is the magician that makes all the magic happen – helping businesses provide a seamless and integrated experience throughout the customer journey, from order entry to end delivery.